Saturday, March 24, 2012

What I did yesterday

Yesterday, I stayed in bed later than usual.
I asked the Chief to drive carpool for me, so I could stay in my jammies a little longer.
I made Seth and myself a strawberry protein smoothie.
I took a longish shower, letting the water soothe my achy body.
I folded 3 loads of laundry. There were 5 to fold, but I was content to get three tackled. Then I put them all away.
I picked up the boys from school.
I laid on the couch.
I played a game on the computer with Noah.
I watched a lot of HGTV.
I slept on the couch.
I dozed on the couch.
I prayed that the Chief would come home sooner than later.
I went out and sat in the front so Seth could ride his motor scooter. It was a gorgeous day, despite being a little windy.
I got a splinter in my foot, as I went out without shoes.
I asked the Chief to please take the boys out to dinner. I didn't even care if he took them to McD's (which is a place that I do NOT eat, ever.) He did take them and let them play for 2 hours there.
I laid on the couch the whole time they were gone.
I read my book, The Happiness Project, by Gretchen Rubin. I have never read a book by a Gretchen, so guess why I picked it up? I even bought it. It is really good.
I went to bed and the Chief and I talked a lot.
And through the whole day, I also blew my nose a lot and went through a box of kleenex!

And what will I do today?
I will call in sick to work, something I haven't done since Seth was born 6 weeks early 6 years ago.
I will lay on the couch.
I will blow my nose.
I will pray a lot.

And tomorrow?
Well, I am planning to wake up and be on the other side of this sinus infection or whatever it is.
I will be happy and energetic.
I will be attentive to my children.
I will be loving with my family.
I will be off the couch!

1 comment:

  1. I just adore tough people like you that tough it out and almost never use a sick day! Next time you have a sinus infection, try tomato soup and add as much cayenne pepper as you can tolerate, plus one clove of fresh garlic, crushed. The garlic has antiseptic qualities and the cayenne pepper clears you out, albeit temporarily. It's soothing nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete