Friday, March 16, 2012

Weekend Arrives

I like Fridays. For the first 15 years of my career, I didn't work on Fridays. Pretty sweet deal! However, last year when the Chief got laid off, I started working on Friday mornings. When he went back to work in January, I cut back to every other Friday, so I could be home with Seth on his day off from Kindergarten. Today was a day I was scheduled to work, but the first client called and cancelled so I dropped the boys at school, and came home for an hour and finished folding all the laundry and put it away. Then I headed in to see two clients. Except the second one didn't show up, so after an hour, I was done. I ran an errand, and then went to pick up the boys.

Homework is done, now they are playing with friends, and I am relaxing...taking it in...everyone is happy, and calm. The Chief is "working" late tonight as he is in charge of a 3 on 3 basketball tourni there at work. I'm sure he is in heaven this afternoon.

It's nice to be in this nice place in our lives...things are calm, and we are all happy. We have great friends, a comfy home, and stable jobs. We are planning an anniversary vacay for just the Chief and me. Life is good...life is happy! I just wanted to take a moment to put it down in writing...so if I need reminding in the future, I can recall that we have a good life, with much to be grateful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment