Friday, May 11, 2012

We appreciate our teachers

I wanted to share what my friend Shauna and I did as part of Teacher Appreciation Week at our boys' Charter School. We volunteered to decorate the door for our boys' 6th grade teacher, since they are in the same class. We copied the idea from this website http://bunchesandbits.blogspot.com/2011/05/teachers-appreciation-2011.html because we are just NOT that creative! We made it our own though!!!

I used my Cricket machine to cut out the letters and we printed out clipart for the milk and mixing bowl

We started with red butcher paper and then cut out the yellow squares. It was a lot of cutting, but it turned out great!

The recipe card was handwritten by Shauna. Her handwriting is so pretty! Then we added the details...I love the mixing spoons we picked up at the $ store.

Then, I wanted to "make" gifts for the teachers this year, so I did something super easy and hopefully really appreciated. I bought baskets at Hobby Lobby when they were 50% off and then I added "school" ribbon with my glue gun. It only took me about 10 minutes to do all 4 baskets. Then I filled them with fresh fruit, and added a cute tag.



We added cute "fruit" phrases. It isn't peach or plum season here, or I would have added something about that too.


Recognizing our great teachers is fun, and I know that they would thankful! All of my boys have great teachers, who work hard to teach and nurture my kids and I'm grateful for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment